Update, Jailbreak, Unlock iPhone 1.0.2 - 1.1.3
I have been running an unlocked US iPhone with version 1.0.2 software since August last year and have been very wary of updating to the latest version because of all the issues people were having, but today with a little help from Tim Van Damme I made the leap to 1.1.3 and here is how.
Tim was kind enough to write me an email with his instructions on how to go from 1.0.2 to 1.1.3 after a night of painful trail and error on his part. Below is my timeline of exactly what I did, these are in essence Tim’s instructions except I was having issues running ZiPhone and swapped it for iJailBreak!
- 0900 Downloading latest iPhone Software Update 1.1.3
- 0910 Updating iPhone Software
- 0920 ZiPhone could not “load the image”, strange.
- 0925 Search for alternate Jailbreak method
- 0930 Download & Jailbroken with iJailBreak 0.5.1
- 0931 Installed bsd2.1 with Installer.app
- 0932 Installed anySIM 1.3 with Installer.app
- 0933 Set Auto-Lock to Never and turned on Airplane Mode in settings
- 0934 Running anySIM
- 0940 anySIM complete, restarted iPhone, turned off Airplane Mode.. boom!
I am now happy to report that I have wiggly icons on my home screen! Thanks Tim!